Catalytic converter structures
The cell matrix of the metal substrates from Oberland Mangold consists of paper-thin, high-alloy stainless steel sheets. This metal composite is brazed in a high vacuum and offers an outstanding performance potential.
The advantages of this structure are clear:
- Small cell wall thicknesses and therefore a favourable ratio of open cross-section flow to the geometric surface area.
- Very good thermal and mechanical stability guarantees a broad range of application.
- High resistance to temperature shocks. This results in long service lives.
- Can be welded directly as it has no additional components. This means an easy integration into the respective exhaust system.
- Full metal structure offers the best recycling properties
In addition to the uncoated metal substrates, you can also receive a fully coated catalytic converter whose coating is custom-made to fit your needs.
Areas of application
The metal carriers as catalytic converter substrates are used everywhere there are high demands on the thermomechanical properties of the catalytic converter. High catalytic turnover rates with a simultaneously limited installation space and low exhaust gas back pressures are the outstanding features.
- Small engines with a carrier diameter from 20 mm.
- Passenger cars,
- Utility vehicles
- Industrial facilities with a carrier diameter of up to 1200 mm